Christendom College Bequest Language
Your gift will enable generations of young Catholics to receive the education
needed to protect our Catholic heritage
Your legacy is a meaningful response to today's cultural challenges by enabling Christendom College to provide a faithful Catholic education that forms young and enthusiastic Catholic leaders in truth—and with zero federal funding.
Bequests are charitable gifts made though a will or trust. While some of these attractive gift plans cost nothing during your lifetime, all provide meaningful support to Christendom.
You can build a lasting legacy at Christendom College by using the sample gift bequest language below in your will.
Bequest for General Purposes
“I hereby give, devise, and bequeath to Christendom Educational Corporation (dba Christendom College), a nonprofit corporation located in Front Royal, Virginia, for its general purposes…
[Add from options below.]
- the sum of ____ dollars ($___).
- ____ shares of (name stock).
- an amount equal to ____ percent (___%) of the net value of my estate.
- ____ percent (___%) of the net value of my residuary estate.
- all the rest, residue, and remainder of my property, real, personal, and mixed, and wherever situated.
Christendom College’s tax ID number (EIN) is 54-1031437
Bequests for Specific Purposes
If you would like to designate your bequest to a particular purpose at Christendom College, please use additional language to designate this purpose. For example:
“It is my wish that this gift be used for the benefit of [specify beneficiary, program, named endowment, or endowed scholarship] at Christendom College.”
Feel free to consult with Christendom’s Office of Gift Planning before completing your designation. Whatever your passion or charitable focus, we can help find a way to express it through a gift plan including Christendom College. Moreover, communicating your intentions helps Christendom fully understand your charitable goals and ensures that there is a plan in place for implementing and achieving your vision.
Benefactors may designate their bequests to support any of Christendom’s existing endowments (see sample list below) or to establish a new named endowment fund. In order to do so, please contact the Office of Gift Planning before finalizing your will to discuss wording and minimum giving levels to ensure that Christendom can achieve your charitable aspirations.
Existing endowments include:
- T. Fordtran Ellis Family Scholarship Endowment (for Texas students)
- T. Fordtran & Louise T. Ellis Library Endowment (for library program)
- The Leon and Nancy Doty Faculty Excellence Endowment (for faculty)
- The Francis J. & Brendan J. Kelly Endowed Scholarship (for pro-life program)
- The Edward T. O’Keefe Memorial Scholarship (for history students)
- Sacred Heart Scholarship (for theology & philosophy majors)
- Covadonga Scholarship (for Cuban & Hispanic students)
- Thomas S. Vander Woude Memorial Scholar Athlete Endowment (for sports program)
- The Shu-Chi and Le-Chiao Lin Memorial Endowment Fund (for Rome program)
- The Turicchi Family Foundation Endowment Fund Scholarship (for Rome program)
- Irish Summer Program Endowment (for Ireland program)
- Senior Gift Endowment (for senior students)
- Building Endowment Fund (for buildings)
Information for Estate Attorneys and Administrators
Our legal name: Christendom Educational Corporation
Our tax ID number: 54-1031437
Our address and contact information for estates and trusts is:
Office of Gift Planning
135 Christendom College
Front Royal, VA 22630
John F. Ciskanik, MBA
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
© Christendom College - All Rights Reserved